Terms & Conditions
I'm a paragraph. Click here to add your own text and edit me. It's easy.
1. All prices are exclusive of all taxes and duties, including VAT. VAT will be due at the current rate of VAT at the time of invoicing.
2. All prices subject to current rates of labour and materials
3. Unless otherwise stated, our estimates do not include glazing, treatment, decoration, ironmongery or delivery
4. The price quoted in estimate is available for one month from the date of the estimate and will then be reviewed. Prices cannot be guaranteed after this date.
5. Payment terms: 50% deposit is required on placement of order, 30% interim payment and remainder of balance due on delivery or collection
6. If fitting service is provided, 25% of the remaining balance is due on delivery and the remainder on completion
7. Goods remain the property of T Clark & Co until paid in full
8. Interest on overdue payments shall accrue from the date when payment becomes due (day to day) until the date of payment at a rate of 2% per month above Barclays Bank plc's base rate in force (part of a month being treated as a full month for the purpose of calculating interest) and shall accrue at such a rate after, as well as before any judgement. Interest shall become due and payable notwithstanding the fact that the account or part of it is subject to any dispute or query.
9. In the event there is a dispute with the invoice or work carried out, any disputes should be raised in writing within 5 days of invoice date. Should we not receive written notification of a dispute within this time period, payment is due and any disputes will be initially dealt with internally and interest will accrue as above.
10. Any unforeseen work or variations will be agreed before commencement to a fixed quotation
11. Upon receipt of the deposit, domestic clients will be issued with a right to cancel within 14 days
12. We can suspend or cancel your order, with out affecting our legal rights and remedies, in one or more of the following circumstances:
1. If you fail to pay any interim bill and still fail to pay for 5 days after receiving a written notice demanding payment.
2. If you, or anyone you employ, or relation, or agent, interfere with or obstruct the work or fail to make the site available for us (without good reason) for the contract period (or any one or more of these)
3. If you become bankrupt or go into liquidation or make a composition or arrangement with your creditors (or any one or more of these)
After we use our right to suspend this contract, we can end it if you are still at fault. We will be entitled to all payments due under our standard terms and conditions and any costs involved in suspending or ending the contract. We are also entitled to claim for any losses we suffer (including loss of profits) resulting from suspending the contract. However, you can still use your legal rights and remedies under our terms and conditions of trading.
13. Any time or date specified for delivery/works to be carried out is an estimate only and we will not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever due to failure by us to deliver the goods (or any of them) promptly. Nor shall delay or failure to deliver the goods promptly entitle the client to rescind the contract. Furthermore, the client is bound to accept delivery and to pay for goods in full provided that delivery shall be tendered at any time within three months of the estimated delivery date.
14. The client will co-operate with us and will provide us with any information reasonably required to carry out the works in a timely fashion. Whilst all due care will be taken, we cannot be held responsible for dust/dirt that may be caused during the period of our work, nor can we be held responsible for damage caused to personal items left within our ongoing work area. These should be removed, relocated or covered before arrival on site.
15. After completion of works and full payment of the final invoice the client will be issued with a guarantee and product care information. Where applicable, the works will be registered with FENSA and a certificate issued together with an Insurance Backed Guarantee.1
16. If you request an estimate, by accepting the estimate and paying 50% deposit you are agreeing to our terms & conditions